|Friday, February 12, 2016: Ashe County Schools are dismissing early--elementary @ 11:00, middle @ 11:15 and high @ 11:30.|
Saturday school has been cancelled.
Ashe County High School students at the Mu Alpha Theta Inductions. The guest speaker was John Blevins from GE Aviation. We our very proud of this group as the charter members of a national mathematics honor society!
Ashe County Public Schools has launched a new employment application system. The new "North Carolina School Jobs" online application system, powered by TeacherMatch, provides an innovative way to streamline the hiring process. Applicants will experience an enhanced, user friendly system when applying for positions. To apply for career opportunities, open the link below.
North Carolina School Jobs
We invite you to complete a new application today.
A new certified position was added February 2, 2016.
If you are a non-licensed teacher applying for the Health Occupations general teaching job at Ashe County High school and experience difficulties with the new application system, we have contacted TeacherMatch and they are ready to help. Please call this number and express your need for support for this open job. The number is 855-980-0511.
- Recognition of the 2015/16 NC Teacher of the Year—Keana Triplett
- Recognition of Ashe County’s 2015/16 Teacher of the Year and nominees—Kelly Lambert, Phyllis Ashley, Jennifer Williams, Dawn Powers and Monica Parsons
- Recognition of Ashe County’s 2015/16 Teacher Assistant of the Year and nominees—Linda Sloan, Amanda Royal, Judy Roark and Shalane Dillard
- Recognition of Ashe County’s 2015/16 Teacher of Excellence for Exceptional Children—Jennifer Treva
- Recognition of the 2015/16 NC Outstanding Math Teacher—Tina Key
- Recognition of the 2015/16 Principal of the Year—David Blackburn
- Recognition of Excellence Award from the National Government Finance Officers Association to the Chief Financial Officer and Finance Department for the 2014 fiscal year
I have had the distinct pleasure of having Jacob C. as a student in my Construction 1, 2, 3 classes and on my list of outstanding students at Ashe County High School. Jacob has been more than the ideal student. In order to achieve the highest grades and my deepest respect, he has demonstrated outstanding leadership and maintained a clear sense of purpose. He currently is taking honors level 3 Carpentry.
Since his classmates, my fellow teachers, and I will always hold him in the highest esteem, I sincerely have recommended Jacob C. for January Student of the Month.
Construction Teacher, ACHS
Registration for Spring Classes Begins: January 13, 2016
Call: 1-828-465-9800 to register
|Drivers Education Class Schedule|
|Class Begins||Class Ends|
Click here for general information.
Blue Ridge Elementary
Mountain View Elementary
Millions of teenagers in high schools nationwide are using a smartphone app to anonymously share their deepest anxieties, secret crushes, vulgar assessments of their classmates and even violent threats, all without adults being able to look in.
The After School app has exploded in popularity this school year and is now on more than 22,300 high school campuses, according to its creators. Because it is designed to be accessible only to teenagers, many parents and administrators have not known anything about it.
Click here to read more.
The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction has now released the 2014-15 School Report Cards. The reports may be accessed at NC Report Cards.
Dr. Todd Holden with Jennifer Treva - Ashe County Schools EC Teacher of Excellence
Students with Mr. Terry Williams - They were recognized as winners of the Centropa Milton Wolf Prize in Student Diplomacy.